Mon Petit Chou Knit-along

a knit-along for the truly daring

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Finished hipsters!

Last night, I finished weaving in the ends on these:



A closeup of the lace:


A closeup of the scalloped edge:


I bought ribbon for the ties back when I started knitting this, but I don't know where it's gone. In the meantime, I'm using some scrap yarn from the stash. That's what I get for cleaning my apartment: the place looks better, but I can't find anything.

I digress. I'm really happy with how the bottoms came out. I was a little worried that they were going to come up too high on the waist, and that I was making myself a nice lacy pair of granny panties. However, I've tried them on, and there's no problem with the fit.

On to the top...

2 Comments:

At 4:12 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Nice work! I love that color.

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Last night I worked my way through the short rows on the back and a few rows beyond them. Chacha, thanks for posting your photos. At first I thought I must be doing something wrong, because of the long columns of YOs, but then looking at your photo I could see that is the way it's supposed to be.

This is really a fun pattern to knit, once you get past the technical challenges.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home