Mon Petit Chou Knit-along

a knit-along for the truly daring

Monday, May 15, 2006

I'm finished



Well I finished it. It doesn't look so good on the floor, especially with avacado green carpet which will hopefully be gone this summer. For obvious reasons I don't want to model it, but it does look better on because the lace pattern shows better when it is stretched out. I may change the laces to a smaller ribbon, but it is done for all intents and purposes. My DH is out of town until Wednesday so I was hoping to have it finished when he gets home. (I knit it all in secret so it'll be a surprise). And I did it.

6 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Blogger chacha / Jen said...

Avocado green carpet background or not, it looks great! That pink is fantastic -- awesome job (and FAST, too)!

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger JoyceAnna D of DesignDolcezza said...

wow, speedy knitter beat us all. How'd you manage when so many of us have had troubles.

jealous sigh.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Congrats! You are so speedy. Well, you've provided the encouragement I need to feel like I CAN make this thing.

I think thinner ribbons might be nice for the sides, but I'd leave the thicker ribbon for the halter part of the top.

Another jealous sigh here. :-)

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger pipefiddle said...

I'm a one-project-at-a-time kind of person so when I got my latest order of yarn from Knitpicks it was all the motivation I needed to "knit up". Next on the needles--kilt hose. I play bagpipes and the first competition of the season is Memorial Day weekend. A new pair of hose would be nice, but can I finish in two weeks? We'll see.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Mamma said...

Wow, it looks great. I can't believe you finished it so quickly, and in secret. My hats off to you and your speedy needles, especially since I haven't even cast on yet.
someone poke me in the butt with some knitting needles and get me in gear.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Well...did he like it?

Mamma, don't feel bad about not casting on yet. There's no deadline. I myself am overextended, with wildly inaccurate ideas about how many knitting projects I can do at once.

Although seeing how nice pipefiddle's looks is definitely incentive to keep working on this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home