Mon Petit Chou Knit-along

a knit-along for the truly daring

Monday, May 01, 2006

So, fellow cabbages...

Am I the only dork who's been sitting around waiting to cast-on on May 1?

I cast on this afternoon, and am loving this yarn. The Fixation I got is "blueberry", and is somewhere in between a navy blue and a royal blue. I've never worked with an elastic yarn before, so it took a couple of rows to get used to it. I'm normally a pretty tight knitter, and the Fixation is forcing me to knit looser.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress!

3 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger snowdrop said...

Hey there! I'm looking forward to this one, too! I'll be on a little vacation for a few days, hopefully finishing my Somewhat Cowl... Then I'll be joining all the little cabbages... Your blue sounds very pretty. Mine's going to be a pinky shade...

 
At 4:30 AM, Blogger Mamma said...

I can't wait to cast on. My knitty sp is sending me my yarn, so I can't start until it gets here, and I won't know what color I'm using until it comes. I'm absolutly haunting my mailbox. Someone post pictures I need a fix.

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

I finished my Ostrich Plumes wrap on Sunday, so I'm just about ready to start this project. I was hoping to also finished my socks, but that's OK.

I'm using black Cascade Fixation. I've got the yarn and will swatch tonight. I know, I'm a wimp-I want to swatch a bit in stockinette to be sure I have the gauge. I think I'll practice the stitch pattern in my swatch, too. I bought an extra ball of yarn, so I have no worries about using too much for swatching.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home