Mon Petit Chou Knit-along

a knit-along for the truly daring

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Some Terms of Endearment

As we gear up for the knit-along I'd thought it would be fun to share some French terms of endearment. These come from the book Tune Up Your French (which is helping me to do that a little, but I'm so rusty!).

mon petit chou - my little cabbage
mon petit lapin - my little rabbit
mon nounours - my teddy bear
ma cocotte - my hen, my sweetie
ma bibiche - my doe, my honey
ma puce - my flea, my pet

Anyone know any others?

2 Comments:

At 5:32 AM, Blogger Mamma said...

I don't know of any, but it struck me reading the list what wierdos the french are when it comes to lovey-dovey names. Really, one must be in love to allow another to refer to them as a flea

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

I know!! What is endearing about a flea? Or cabbage?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home